PGNAETA INDIGENOUS SKILLS & EMPLOYMENT TRAINING STRATEGY (ISETS)
Request for Service
- Applicants must be Indigenous citizens of a minimum of 16 years of age;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate they are residents in an urban setting or rural community which includes the city of Prince George and the townsites of Mackenzie, Valemount, McBride, Vanderhoof, Fraser Lake, Fort Fraser, Fort St James, Burns Lake and Granisle.
- Applicants must meet industry certificate training requirements
Prior to your application being processed you may be required to present the following documentation:
- Verification of residency
- Verification of Indigenous ancestry (Status card, letter of attestation from a First Nation, Indigenous Organization or Indigenous elder)
- Updated resume, including all recent training and employment history
- Government issued identification (Driver's license or service card)
- Criminal Record check
- Alcohol and drug test
- Name, address and Social Insurance number of child care provider (if request is for private care)
If you are requesting funding for mobility or work gear the following documentation WILL be required; An employment letter; including start date, position title and required gear.
Please note: All funding is taxable and considered income, a T4 will be issued at fiscal yearend. Due to limited availability of funds, a cost-share may be required.
This “Request for Service” is to serve Indigenous citizens living in Urban or rural town-sites within the north central interior of British Columbia (description below).
** Due to limited availability of funds, a cost-share may be required **
Please forward your Request For Service to RFF@pgnaeta.bc.ca
**Please save a copy of your application before sending, for your records**
Upon receipt of your application, an electronic acknowledgement will be forwarded identifying the Case Manager assigned to your file.
PGNAETA limits the collection of personal information to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected and by fair and lawful methods. Personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected, except with the individual’s consent or as required or permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act. Personal information will be retained only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by law.
Any funding under this agreement is solely dependent upon an appropriation of funds by PGNAETA from the appropriate funding sources. Payment of financial assistance may be cancelled or reduced in the event that Canada reduces its' contribution to PGNAETA.