Posted: Jan 13, 2022 Closing Date: Jan 28, 2022
Category: Admin / General
The Prince George Nechako Aboriginal Employment & Training Association (PGNAETA) seeks a Team Lead/Manager of Education and Skills Training Programs to support the development and delivery of Education and Skills Training systems consisting of virtual, in-classroom and field study.
PGNAETA's approach to workforce development involves collaborative partnerships between PGNAETA, First Nation communities, public post-secondary institutions and industry. Our aim is for Indigenous citizens to derive benefit from economic opportunities taking place in north-central BC.
The Manger will be responsible for all aspects of Policy and Procedure development in compliance with PTIB and federal and provincial governments, proposal writing and budget management, planning for education and training delivery, student outcomes and overseeing team members. The Manger will work collaboratively with a team to support students registered in training initiatives.
- Liaise with potential partners, PTIB, funding agencies, corporate sponsores, educators, counsellors, training institutes, contractors and industry stakeholders to develop a 1 to 5 year Education and Skills Training strategy
- Ensure Association policy, procedure and student information packages are compliant with PTIB and other governmental policy requirements
- Maintain participant and project files, daily activities of project, update project dashboard
- Demonstrate the ability to work with multiple stakeholders (supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, skilled journey people and training participants)
- Work with the students, First Nation communities, ITA and local employers to identify, secure and retain employment and/or apprenticeship placements
- Prepare and submit activity reports including recommendations for future projects
- Maintain positive rapport with program participants, maintain confidentiality, respond to participant needs and make referrals as required
- Support, manage and direct programming in collaboration with Team members
- A Bachelors Degree in Education or Business Management
- At least 5 years experience collaborating with a variety of different stakeholders which will pertain to Indigenous organizations, Government, funding agencies, Industry, etc.
- Specialized knowledge regarding Skilled Trades, Education, Human Resource Development and/or Career Counselling
- Extensive knowledge of First Nation communities and resources within the Prince George and surrounding area
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and facilitation skills, adult instruction, public speaking and active listening skills
- Computer and typing experience with the ability to work in a variety of different programs (word-processing, spreadsheets, database, software, computer tools, e-mail, internet and web)
- Excellent time and organizational management skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and effective decision making ability
- Proven research and negotiation skills
- Team building skills and the willingness to work in a team environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and with limited supervision and tight timeframes
- Class 5 Driver's license and reliable transportation
- The selected candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal record check
Hours of Work: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday
Compensation: We offer competetive salaries commensurate with education and experience.
Closing date and time: January 28, 2022 4:00 pm
We thank all applications for their interest. Only those applicants who are screened through for an interview will be contacted.
198 Kingston St.
Prince George, BC V2L 1C3
Jan 28, 2022