Category: Admin / General
Community Economic Development Director
The Tse’khene Community Development Corporation (TCDC) is seeking a Community Economic Development Director. The Director is responsible for facilitating, promoting and ensuring community and economic development in order to secure opportunities for economic; business development and increase in member employment.
The incumbent will manage TCDC and will seek direction from the TCDC Board of Directors and report to the McLeod Lake Indian Band Chief and Council through the Band Administrator.
SCOPE The Community Economic Development Director is responsible for facilitating community and economic development planning initiatives; identifying and fostering community economic development opportunities; securing funding for economic development activities and programs; assisting local organizations, businesses and individuals with establishing economic development plans and projects; and promoting the community in order to expand economic development opportunities.
Also, ensure communications with Duz Cho Group of Companies continues though meetings as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES Maintain and facilitate a high level of administrative and service delivery to the Community Economic Development Program, the Community Economic Development Director’s responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
• Facilitate community and economic development planning in order to identify and establish economic development opportunities through the management of an economic development corporation.
• Identify opportunities for community economic development in order to develop sectors, projects and initiatives.
• Secure funding for economic development activities and programs.
• Promote the community in order to expand economic development opportunities.
• Direct, Train and Supervise staff engaged in Business Development and Administration.
• Provide oversight and assistance for Corporate Entities. Recruit board members as requested.
• Provide advice on governance to the Board of Directors. • Provide information on economic and business development to Chief and Council and to membership.
• Prepare and schedule monthly meetings (prep, notes, minutes, agenda.
• Prepare a monthly report to the direct Supervisor;
• Prepare and determine department budget and tracking all expenditures;
• Prepare and submit proposals to external funding sources;
• Network with other First Nations to help re-establish connections and building long lasting relationships;
• Other duties as may be required by direct Supervisor. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Knowledge The incumbent must have knowledge in the following areas:
• Community Economic Development theories and practices
• Local, regional and provincial economic development potential and opportunities
• Financial management and analysis
• Economic development and business promotion
• Supervision and office administration
• An understanding of relevant band and municipal legislation, policies and procedures
• An understanding of the economic, cultural and political environment Skills The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
• Ability to analyze business plans
• Ability to identify and promote community economic development projects and initiatives
• Team building and decision-making skills
• Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
• Effective negotiation and mediation skills
• Effective written communications skills
• Stress management and time management skills Personal Attributes The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Community Economic Development. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes: honest, trustworthy, flexible, respectful with cultural awareness and sensitivity. Must demonstrate a sound work ethic.
The Community Economic Development Director must hold a bachelor’s degree in economic development, urban planning, marketing, business administration or public administration. A minimum of five (5) years of Economic development experience is required. Additionally, a minimum of three (3) years of Supervisory experience is also required. An understanding of Tse’khene traditions and language is an asset.
Submit resumes to: Kandy Stout, TCDC Chair Tse’khene Community Development Corporation General Delivery McLeod Lake BC V0J 2G0
Email: email@example.com Fax: (250) 750-4420
Opening date: August 2nd, 2019
Closing date: The position will remain open until filled